Woodcut Course 2018
Monday, 2.00pm – 6.00pm, from October 8th to December 17th 2018
- With Franco Vecchiet, Roberta Feoli and Robin Frood
- Cost of the complete course (11 meetings – 44 hours) € 420.00
- Cost of one month (4 classes – 16 hours) € 154.00
- Cost of the Mokuhanga Technique Course (3 classes – 12 hours) € 120
- Cost of one-afternoon class (4 hours) € 40.00
The Woodcut Course is divided into three parts of three or four classes each. Classes meet on Mondays in the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica’s print-workshop, 2pm – 6pm. You may attend the complete program, one or more parts of three or four classes, or just one individual session. After having selected your preferred option, you may pay your classes with credit card online, via bank transfer, or in the front office at the Scuola.
The different procedures of woodcut in black & white and in color. 4 classes from 8 to 29 October, from 14:00 to 18:00
• Introduction to woodcut: history, importance and centrality of the technique.
• Tools and materials.
• View of examples of woodcuts from the Scuola’s collection.
• White, Black & Color and the beginning of the work on the matrix
• Papers used in Woodcut.
• Printing with wet and dry paper.
• Traditional, modern and non-toxic printing inks.
• Color printing with image registration.
• The method of chine collé.
• To print an edition.
• Printing of proofs, artist proofs, and the “bon à tirer”.
From traditional to contemporary woodcut . 4 classes from 5 to 26 November, from 2 to 6 pm
• Contemporary contamination of the reduction method.
• Different materials of the woodcut matrices.
• Engraving and printing of non-traditional materials.
• Cardboard, a new vision of contemporary prints.
• Printing of different matrices.
• Experiences in the choice of new materials and different techniques.
• Implementation of individual projects
3 meetings from 3 to 17 December, from 14:00 to 18:00
• Traditional Japanese printing techniques.
• Contemporary Japanese printing techniques.
• Presentation forms of Japanese prints
• Group project and print of variable editions.