The Artists’ Book & Bookbinding Course 2019–2020
- Curated by Matilde Dolcetti. Assistant Alessia De Bortoli
- Wednesday, 2pm – 6pm, from 9 October 2019 to 20 May 2020
- Course Fees (30 lessons – 120 hours) €1,020.00→
- 5 lessons €190.00→
- One-Afternoon class (4 hours) €40.00→
“move the world and see things in different ways.”
The program includes the entire process of elaboration of the book, from the idea to the realization. The work methods can vary from printmaking to photography, from painting to computer processing, from writing to the use of recycled materials. Ample space is given to classical, artistic and alternative binding exercises. The examples of books from the Scuola’s collection will be a further incentive for everyone to develop this medium. National and international Book exhibitions and events will be suggested to the participants.
Artists from the Scuola and guest artists from all over the world will take part in the classes with lectures and demos.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 9 October to Wednesday 6 November
• “The Unreadable Book” inspired by Munari;
• The unique book: collage, fretwork, stencils, monotype, folds.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 13 November to Wednesday 11 December
• “Travel sculptures” inspired by Munari;
• The book-object: three-dimensional, pop-up, installation.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 8 January to Wednesday 5 February
• “The edition”: design, typography, embossing;
• Japanese binding.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 12 February to Wednesday 11 March
• Variable edition”: printing, collagraph, painting, sewing, drawing;
• Coptic Binding.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 18 March to Wednesday 15 April
• “Collection”: ideas in scattered sheets;
• Sketches, photos, poems, clippings, memories to assemble;
• Blizard Book.
5 lessons, from Wednesday 22 April to Wednesday 20 May
• “The collector”: artist’s portfolio holder;
• Folder, album, file, box;
• Heidy Kyle’s single booklet binding.